Saturday, September 8, 2012

BU Genealogical Research Alums September Meeting

It is good to be in the blog at last.  I see there is a New Hampshire Genealogy meeting coming up but alas I won't be in New England then.  I am coming to Boston September 28th to October 1st for the Irish Study Group and the BU Genealogical Research Program Alums meeting at the NEHGS.
I hope some of you will be coming to the meetings on Saturday.  I'm back into John Corey and now adding my husband's John M. Daly search through Pennsylvania to Ohio.  At the last meeting August 25th or so I presented 2 brick walls and Marti and Gloria and Liz were very helpful so I've been able to move a bit further on the Corey front.  Please try to come; I miss you all. AND we have a great long lunch for networking.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Sharon! It is great to hear from you. I hope to be able to attend the September 29 meeting at NEHGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is anyone else from our class going to attend the September 29th BU Alum Meeting at NEHGS? It is Octoberfest in Boston so lots to enjoy so I am attending. I have a question regarding Irish immigrants in the 1850s:
    Was there a price break on ships for children under 12 years old? I wonder if the John Corey accompanying Michael and Patrick Corey on the S. Curling in 1857 to Boston really was only 11 years old. Also, Rose and John Canavan came in 1850 to Boston and reported their age as 60. When Rose died in 1863 someone listed her as 90. So might they have misrepresented their age when crossing in 1850? Would a 73 year old have passed as a 90 year old? I lack a birth record for either Canavan.
    Many thanks for any comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.