Monday, October 29, 2012
Researching Mayflower Lines
For those with an interest in researching Mayflower lines and in preparing an application to accept lineage from a Mayflower passenger, I prepared a brief presentation at Saturday's monthly alumni meeting at NEHGS. The handout from the presentation can be viewed by
clicking here.
I hope that you will find the information in the handout useful, and please let me know if there is any information you would like me to add to the handout for reference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carol,
ReplyDeleteHow did the presentation go at the alumni meeting? You did a professional job replete with footnotes and endnotes and great suggestions on how to proceed with a Mayflower lineage search. Have you done your own? Through the Bradford line, right? Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing in this blog.
Hi Sharon,
ReplyDeleteThe presentation at the alumni meeting went very well. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the handout, and thank you for sharing your comments. In the last week I prepared and sent to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants two preliminary reviews: one for my line of descent from William Bradford and another for my husband's descent from Thomas Rogers. After receiving their comments I plan to complete the research and apply for acceptance into the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants for both my husband and myself.